Saturday 19 May 2012

Blogger Aidx Paredes

Aidx Paredes, almost 18. Although I’d like to believe I’ll be 17 forever. I’m an amateur fashion photographer, aspiring stylist, and blogger from Davao City.


Describe yourself in five words
Young. Fresh. Dark. Cynical. Free.

When and how did you start blogging?
I started blogging when I was in high school. I started posting photos from my fashion shoots in Tumblr, and then the poetry came out, and when I reached college, I started talking about things in long paragraphs and photos. But then it was early 2011 when I really started blogging – from photo sets, fashion posts, events and random things, mostly about fashion and photography.

How would you describe your photography style?
I would say predictable and edgy. Predictable because I have this mindset that whenever I take photos and edit them and maybe post it somewhere, I want people to directly recognize that it was from me. Predictable in a way that is not boring, and that’s where edgy lives – edgy because, I think, I mix a lot of things in my photography. It’s a blender full of different things. I like experimenting, I like getting weird stuff and putting it in the shoot. I don’t follow the exact photography rules, and I honestly don’t know all the things that other photographers say. I create my own photography world, that’s why when people ask me to teach them, I have a hard time explaining things to them. That’s because I create my own photography terms, my own world in photography.

What do you like about fashion?
I like fashion in a way that it helps people find their identity. Fashion gives out trends every now and then, and then people look at it and it as well. If they like it, they stick to it – they become their own fashion trend.

What music do you listen to?

Indie and unknown songs, well to my friends – I love listening to songs that people do not know. It’s selfish, but somehow I keep my music to myself. The only ones I share are the songs that I know they would like.

What inspires you?
Everything. Cliché, I know. But the world is my mood board! It’s the biggest corkboard and all the things are pinned to it. You just need to choose a group of things that you would like to inspire you today, and then change it when you feel the need to improve. But basically, from the empty lots you see while strolling up to the beautiful houses with amazing architecture, you could really find inspiration from everything.

Any words of advice for people who want to start blogging?
Have a clean and beautiful layout. Learn to take good photos. Know what kind of blogger you want to be. Don’t rant, online. Don’t backbite other bloggers, online. Be yourself when you blog, don’t fake things. Be honest. As much as possible, keep the anonymity of yourself, it’s nice to leave your readers a bit of mystery. Don’t take critics personally. Take inspiration from others, and inspire others also. Promote yourselves. And last but not the least, if you ever start blogging, for the love of the blog lords, UPDATE CONSTANTLY.

Name a few people you would like to work with
David Guison. Cenon Norial. Valerie Chua. Everywhere We Shoot. Mich Dulce. Kermit Tesoro. BJ Pascual. Lauren Young. Saab Magalona. People in NYLON Magazine. And all the coolest hipsters all over the world.

Do you think you're inspiring people with what you do?
Yes, because they tell me I inspire them. Because, at a young age, I encourage them to embrace all the opportunities and exaggerate the talents they have.

What is your favorite quote?
“Live young. Be wild. Run free.” This is a quote I made inspired by my own blog title, Young Blood.













Visit his blog and see more of his works at aidxparedes.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment