Friday 15 June 2012

Photography: Grace de Luna


I'm Grace Ann de Luna, though people don't really know that I have a second name. They call me "Gracey" sometimes. I think it's cute. I'm an eighteen year-old kid of the 70's stuck in the present.


What do you do?

I'm an incoming junior at the University of Santo Tomas taking up Advertising Arts. I go out with friends and take photos for Stache Magazine. But most of the time, I dance. I've been dancing ever since I could remember. Right now, I've been dancing with One SHADE Dance Squad (UST-CFAD's official dance troupe) for almost three years and counting!

How did you first got into photography?

I remember back when I was in junior high, I would use phone cameras to take pictures of almost anything and everything under the sun. I was happy with what I saw after taking the picture. Since then, I know I'd get hook to photography for a very long time.

Describe your style

Funny 'cause I was telling my friends that I want to develop my own style because I don't know if I have one. But looking back at my photos, I guess I pay more attention to details. I also like having different and creative concepts. I want my every photograph to tell a story.

What inspires you?

Life, in general. People. Happiness. Fear. The elements. Everything that makes me feel something, whether it's good or bad.

Why photography? What fascinates you about it?

I love how I can preserve a moment with just one click. Then I can look back at that very moment with that photograph. Every photograph has a story to tell and as a photographer, I feel like I'm in control of the story. I write the way I want it to be.

What kind of music do you often listen to?

I listen to whatever fits my mood. R&B, Hip-hop, rock, trance, metal, bossa nova; really, it's a big mix full of everything. Mostly, indie music though. I love how they can be so relaxing even though how fast or how slow they can get.

Name people you would like to work with

Bj Pascual, Jessica Yang, Solenn Heusaff, Zanjoe Marudo, Your Evil Twin (An and En Estrada); just to name a few. I'm free to dream, right?

What are your future plans?

Getting a great-earning job after college, preferably in the magazine industry. Then save up money to study film either in UP or at the Asia Pacific Film Institute. Then I'll make lots and lots of money until I can give back every penny I used to my mom and give her a grand life she deserves.

Some words you'd like to leave our readers

I really don't know if I'm in any position to say something because there's still too much to learn and I am definitely still in the learning process. All I can say is, keep on doing things that you love; whatever makes you happy. Do it often because it will keep you healthy; physically, mentally and emotionally. Always remember that no one ever stops learning. And when you stop learning, that's the time everything will become worthless. Harsh, but true.













For more of her works, you can visit her blog and visual diary  and online portfolio

1 comment:

  1. Your post is extremely helpful about Photographs and pictures of sun. I will keep following. Thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete