Saturday 26 May 2012

Heidi Sarol: Fashion Photographer




Heidi Sarol, an eighteen year old fashion photographer from Manila. Incoming freshman in De La Salle University taking up Communication Arts and Advertising.

The ADHD team is pleased to announce that Heidi Sarol will now be a regular contributor for the blogazine! So keep updated for her latest fashion editorials!
What do you do?
Currently I shoot and collaborate with online brands and aspiring models, makeup artists and stylists. It's been a whirlwind networking with people and I can only hope to branch out into other projects!

How did you first get into photography?
I got into photography during my freshman year in highschool. Before shooting - the only thing I was familiar with was drawing but after being rejected from the art club at my school, I decided to branch out seeing what else I could possibly do. It just so happened at the time I discovered the Flickr pages of teenagers my age around the globe and they inspired me to start shooting - and the rest is history.

How will you describe your style?
I'd like to say my style is dynamic. For me it depends on the theme of the shoot - my models and I always work hand in hand to create what I call a "perfect picture". Sometimes I make up a story and ask the model to give her input - I love it when they're able to get into the shoot and suggest poses I wouldn't have thought of myself.

Having no formal training I try to stay away from structured settings like studios. I have always relied on nature to give me my backdrop - I've been told that I can make places look more beautiful by the way I angle and shoot the model. 

What inspires you?
Movies - mainly John Hughes films. I love how the cinematographer made every scene look like a beautifully taken photograph. 
The 80's and 90's - sometimes I feel like I was meant to be born in a different decade, being a 90's kid I wasn't able to fully appreciate how people dressed up back then.

What do you like about fashion?
The thing I like most about fashion is how it evolves and grows with the person, it shows progress through experimentation. 
Secondly, fashion allows an individual to speak up without having to say anything - just like photographs they can show how the person is feeling or felt when he or she put the outfit on. 
Lastly, it's  

What kind of music do you listen to?
I listen to a wide scope of music - some of which inspires my photoshoots while others continue to give me concepts I can further improve on.
Lately, I've been listening and have grown addicted to Breakbot and his remixes.

What can you suggest people who would like to start doing fashion photography?
Do not over edit photographs. 
Patience is key.

Name people you would like to work with
Locally, I would like to work with:
Camille Co
Marj Sia
Candy Magazine
Status Magazine

Internationally:
Susie Bubble
Zoe Suen
Nirrimi Hakanson
Chrissie White

Or anyone, really. 
I just love doing what I do.

What are your plans for the future?
To break into the bloggersphere, shoot several campaigns for big brands and editorials for magazines.






















0 comments:

Post a Comment